If you are remotely based, overseas or simply unable to get to our clinic you still have the access to:
- Specialist Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy.
- Sports and occupational injury management.
- Second opinions.
Our clinicians take a four-step approach to the online initial consultation.
- We send you a series of tailored questionnaires for you to complete and return to us before the appointment. We also accept scan results to review and where we can do so review these online.
- At the appointment, take your history, examine your form, movement and the physical tests that can be done remotely.
- The clinician explains the causes for the problem, gets you to commence specific movement drills and exercises and then re-examines the effect in session. This becomes the basis of a programme that is developed.
- Your recovery is milestoned to your goals and you are provided online exercises and follow up review sessions.
With your partnership, we support you towards your goals with a treatment plan and direct you to other medical and health professionals where needed.
Many muscle and joint conditions respond positively to graded, specific exercise and can be treated once you know what your injury is and have self-treatment guidelines. 1
1 Bennel, K. L., et al. (2019) Does a Web-Based Exercise Programming System Improve Home Exercise Adherence for People with Musculoskeletal Conditions? A Randomised Controlled Trial. American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, 98 (10), pp. 850-858.